Sunday, June 29, 2008

"photographer"



Last week I got a chance to take some pictures for a family from my church and they actually paid me. I can't believe I got paid for something that I love to do so much. I still have a lot of trouble believing that what I do is good enough to get paid for. I got really nervous and sick to my stomach the day that I was taking the pictures, but it all went really well! I think my favorite part is coming home and looking at the pics, and editing them to have a certain look. I am still learning photoshop...I need to take a class...but I love to use what I know so far! This family had wonderful places to take pictures...there was a pond, HUGE trees, a gravel road, and of course their new house... As I was editing the pictures I thought of so many other poses I could have used, and things I wish I had done, but all in all it was a good first. (I have been paid to take a child's pictures before, but not a WHOLE family!) The best part of it all is that a friend of this family saw the pictures and asked me to take their pictures too... More nerves, but it could also be a way for me to make a little money once in awhile!...here's a few of the pics!

1 comment:

Kaye Butler said...

Jana,

You did a great job! I love the black and white. What program do you use to edit?

Kaye